Monday, September 28, 2015

They want how much?!


Remember how I said that we wouldn't be buying the house we rent? Because prices have increased so drastically in the past few months?

Well, a house in our neighborhood, with the same floor plan as our house (but reversed, and somewhat nicer), was just put on the market for $250,000. Which is tens of thousands more than I can afford.

Every time we tour a house and reject it, I think that it would be so much easier to just stay put. We know that the house we are in has problems, but it's in a great neighborhood and we've been happy here. The very act of organizing and moving is going to strain our relationship, to say nothing of our middle-aged backs.

At least now I can finally stop thinking that maybe we should just buy this one after all.

ETA on 12/4/15: This sold for $243,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment